- Bi-lingual dictionaries for Chinese, Italian, French, Japanese, and Spanish. This site also includes language forums that have interesting discussions of usages and idiomatic speech.
- The Flashcard Machine! Study, create and share flash cards online. Not only can you make cards using words but you can use sounds and pictures too.
- World Atlas explore your world. Includes maps, flags of the world, time across the world, selected videos of famous sites, a currency converter, etc.
- The MLA Language Map of the linguistic and cultural composition of the United States.
American Sign Language
- ASL Pro video dictionary.
- Finger Spell Quiz Me!
- Dr. Bill Vicar’s American Sign Language Finger Spelling
- An online American Sign Language (ASL) browser where one can look up videos of thousands of ASL signs and learn interesting things about them.
- Chinese dictionary for words and phrases.
- Practice in pronunciation and vocal positioning.
- Understand and recognize stroke order. Great for beginners.
- Historical background and music associated with the characters.
- ThoughtCo. —Here you can find French lesson, a verb conjugator, and other French tools.
- Oggi e Domani - The interactive course that makes Italian easy to learn.
- Free on-line lessons covering Italian language and culture.
- Italian news - il Fatto Quotidiano
- Italian News - La Repubblica
- Italian Weekly Magazine - l'Espresso
- If you are interested in having Japanese language partner, this website will help you find one. You will be able to send E-mail to partners, and they will correct your mistakes for you. You will help their English in return.
- Free online quizzes, flashcards and word lists. Covers romaji, hiragana, katakana, kanji, Japanese newspaper words, and reading signs.
- Kanji Clinic is a column appearing the fourth Monday of every other month in The Japan Times. Its purpose is to provide practical advice and inspiration to non-Japanese adults striving to achieve literacy in Japanese by learning the 1,945 general-use kanji ("Chinese characters").
- The on-line edition of the Daily Yomiuri newspaper from Japan.
- Aventuras supersite. The online practice for Spanish 101, 102 and 103.
- Study Spanish Abroad
- The latest news and information from Latin America. You can both read and listen to the information on this site.
- How to type Spanish accents, tildes and special punctuation on the computer.
- This website, created and maintained by the Spanish Instituto Cervantes since 1997, has the goal of contributing to the spread of the Spanish language and the Hispanic cultures.
Some great sites for practicing vocabulary and grammar online:
- Excellent study modules for practicing Spanish grammar and culture.
- Are you learning Spanish, or do you want to know more about one of the world's greatest languages and the people who speak it?
- Grammar notes, verbs and vocabulary practice from Dr. Lemon.
- Free Spanish tutorials on
- Do you prefer youtubes? Check out Professor Jason’s youtubes covering both vocabulary and grammar.
- Practice verb conjugations and play grammar and vocabulary games on Conjuguemos!